/ Miscellaneous Publications
||Symposium on the Geology of the Ouachita Mountains -Volume I
||Contributing authors - edited by C.G. Stone, et al.
|| This publication is volume 1 of a two-volume set on the geology of the Ouachita Mountains. The symposium is dedicated to Hugh D. Miser and contains 4 papers in the dedication section relating to Dr. Miser, his life and times, and a selected bibliography of his work. This volume contains 13 papers covering such diverse topics as stratigraphy, structure, petrography, tectonics, and paleontology of the Ouachita sedimentary deposits.
Paper titles include:
- Structural and stratigraphic continuity of the Ouachita and Appalachian Mountains, by W. A. Thomas, p. 9-24.
- Age of igneous and metamorphic activity affecting the Ouachita foldbelt, by R. E. Denison, W. H. Burke, J. B. Otto, and E. A. Hetherington, p. 25-40.
- Marathon revisited, by P. B. King, p. 41-69.
- Correlation of the Carboniferous rocks of the Ouachita Trough with those of the adjacent foreland, by MacKenzie Gordon, Jr., and C. G. Stone, p. 70-91.
- Conodonts from Graptolite facies in the Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas and Oklahoma, by J. E. Repetski and R. L. Ethington, p. 92-106.
- The occurrence and origin of the granite - meta-arkose erratics in the Ordovician Blakely Sandstone, Arkansas, by C. G. Stone and B. R. Haley, p. 107-111.
- Meta-arkose boulder from Blakely Sandstone (Ordovician) Benton Quadrangle, Arkansas, by K. C. Jackson, p. 112-114.
- Paleoenvironments and paleobathymetry of lower Paleozoic Crystal Mountain and Blakely Formations, Ouachita Mountain core, by D. K. Davies and E. A. Williamson, p. 115-131.
- The Arkansas Novaculite: Some aspects of its physical sedimentation, by D. R. Lowe, p.132-138.
- Arkansas Novaculite stratigraphy, by M. A. Sholes, p. 139-145.
- Petrography of Stanley-Jackfork Sandstones, Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas, by R. C. Morris, p. 146-157.
- Flysch facies of the Ouachita Trough—with examples from the spillway at DeGray dam, Arkansas, by R. C. Morris, p. 158-168.
- Internal sedimentary structures in sandstones of the Jackfork Group, Ouachita Mountains, Oklahoma, by R. D. LoPiccolo, p. 169-174.
*Includes: 174 pages,, many maps and illustrations
||Yes. Paper copy.
||$6.00 plus shipping
||Contact Sales Office at (501) 296-1877, for shipping and handling charges.
||Download PDF (295 MB)
||Arkansas Geological Survey
3815 West Roosevelt Road
Little Rock, AR 72204
(501) 296-1877 or (501) 296-1878
Back to Miscellaneous Publications